Friday, July 30, 2010


The trailer from this year's Comic-Con of Zack Snyder's latest film, "Sucker Punch," makes me really excited for spring 2011.



You can watch the official trailer here.

The movie looks absolutely absurd, sure, but it also looks extraordinarily visionary and elegant. The whole fantasy look to it is what really gets me. Snyder really is this generation's defining director of comic book flicks.



And yet, oddly enough, squeezed in between "Sucker Punch" and "Watchmen" is a children's fable, "Legend of the Guardians." I'm excited for this one, too, simply because those owls look so amazing. It could also be another actually good use of 3-D, a rarity these days.

1 comment:

  1. I agree absolutely about SUCKER PUNCH. When I first saw it I was underwhelmed but it has grown on me considerably. Featuring it on the site on Sunday and I am, like you, fairly excited.

    ReplyDelete